The Undergraduate Program
The Undergraduate Program - Finance and Banking Major is designed to the world’s latest trends, with reference to the programs of the US, UK and Singapore and attached to the context of the Nation in the integration process. The Program development also involves stakeholders such as alumni, employers and experts and is updated regularly and continuously (about once every two years) to meet the increasing demand for high-quality labor of the society. The Programsatisfies training objectives, expected learning outcomes and bring many job opportunities to the learners.
1. Training objectives
To train bachelors of Economics in Finance and Banking who:
- Possess firm knowledge of economics and society and extensive knowledge of finance and banking;
- Possess sufficient professional skills to apply acquired knowledge in research, analysis, planning, problem solving, decision making to efficiently work and effectively manage in finance and banking;
- Possess professional and ethical responsibility, sharp critical thinking and necessary skills to advance in career in a global environment.
2. Expected learning outcomes
The Program is designed to achieve the following expected learning outcomes:
a. Knowledge of economics, society, finance and banking:
- Attain basic knowledge of natural and social sciences;
- Master knowledge of economics;
- Master and apply knowledge of finance and banking.
b. Professional practice skills in finance and banking:
- Analyze and solve problems in the finance and banking;
- Research and discover knowledge in the finance and banking;
- Apply software and modern statistical tools in the finance and banking.
c. Teamwork and communication skills:
- Able to organize and to work in teams;
- Able to effectively communicate in different environments and situations;
- Achieve foreign language competency to study, communicate, work and integrate in an international environment.
d. Ability to practice in working environment:
- Be aware of development trends of the finance and banking sector in the context of globalization;
- Be aware of the status of corporate environment and financial markets;
- Establish management, business and investment ideas in finance and banking;
- Evaluate management, business and investment options.
e. Lifelong learning:
- Be aware of the importance of lifelong learning
- Able to self-study, self-train and accumulate experience;
- Demonstrate an ability to personal and professional development.
f. Personal responsibility to the community:
- Have ethics, good conduct, civil responsibility and community awareness;
- Have a professional working attitude;
- Observe legal, social and professional standards;
- Be aware of and contribute to the sustainable growth of the society.
3. Duration: 4 years
4.Number of credits: 130, excluding Foreign Language (24 credits); Physical Education (5 credits); and Military Education (165 periods)
5. Job opportunities:
Graduated students with knowledge, skills and attitude as specified in the program ELOs can work and advance in career as specialists in finance and banking with disciplines and positions as follows:
- Corporate finance (investment bank, securities firms, private equity, management companies, insurance and non-financial companies and state agencies in securities, insurance and investment);
- Public finance (state agencies in public finance, departments of finance, state treasury and tax agencies);
- Banking (international financial organizations such as IMF, WB, ADB, commercial banks, finance leasing companies, debt and asset trading companies).
- Broker, investment analyst, portfolio and investment fund officer/ manager;
- Financial officer, CFO in private enterprises;
- Credit, treasury, foreign currency, and fund officer/ manager;
- Tax, state treasury and budget officer/ manager;
- Research, fiscal and monetary officer/ manager.
After 12 years of establishment and development, the Program has trained 6,500 undergraduate students with 100% being employed within 6 months since graduation and 95% working in finance and banking. Up to now, there are many students holding key positions at enterprises, credit institutions and companies. Many others follow Master’s and PhD courses in domestic and overseas. FFB students are highly appreciated for their professional knowledge, skills, attitude and responsibility to the community.